Friday, July 11, 2014

baby update: 31 weeks.

Pre-Pregnancy 
   (Well, technically a few weeks post pregnant)

                                                            31 weeks

How far along: 31 weeks

How big is the baby: P is the size of a pineapple. We had 3D sonograms done 2 weeks ago and he was almost 3 pounds.

Total weight gain/loss: I am officially up 25 pounds. A friend told me that my weight is distributed amazinglyor as me and Jim say my thighs and butt are stealing some weight from my baby bump.

I have finally let go of really caring about this weight gain number because I've lost it all once, I can do it again. I've perfected what makes my body it's absolute best--will I love cutting out carbs again? No, but I know I can and that I loved it when I did it for almost a year prior.

Maternity clothes: I’m still avoiding this besides in pants and even then I have some pairs that aren't. I'll give in to the maternity clothes some day but right now just wearing a size up when I can (Lululemon and Pierce Apparel have been the most comfortable Godsend.)

Stretch marks: Nope! Thank God for slow and steady weight gain.

Sleep: I have had a few days this week where my sleep was try disrupted but I don't feel like I normal would when I can't sleep. Instead I am wide awake at 3 am reading and full of energy, then after about twenty minutes I drift back off. 

Exercise: Last week I couldn't get enough of the gym. This week it's been a little more difficult waking up early to get there before Jim leaves for work but I've done yoga or pilates every day. 

Best moment last week: Being done with work and taking it slow. I'm so thankful I had two weeks to pack up the house because rather than being overwhelmed I just did an hour or two a day.

Movement: P is facing towards my spine and breech at the moment so I feel lots of movement where his head and arms are but no kicks that I feel. Jim feels a lot of movement that feel like kicks in the early morning--I call it Daddy and P time because I'm still sleeping away.

Food cravings/aversions: I have no real cravings or aversions. I wanted gummy bears the other nightmuch less satisfying in my stomach than in my head.

Other symptoms: I think we've finally hit the emotional part. I'm not a very emotional person so the fact that I've cried this week is odd especially since it was over the fact that I couldn't find the perfect muslin swaddle. 

Gender: Boy

Labor signs:  None. It was a good time at the Doctors yesterday being quizzed on what to do encase they pop-up. Everyone can just pray with me that the next 12 days are uneventful baby days and beautiful adventure days.

Belly button: Still avoiding the outie. Thank. God.

Weddings rings: Now that it's not as hot and humid on they slide on just fine. I only wear one of my three rings when I workout because I'm scared they'll swell on.

What I miss: Brie, Cigars, RUNNING, and getting a massage where they can actually apply pressure to my lower back.

What I am looking forward to: I cannot wait to get to Spokane and set up the nursery. We have already found the furniture we like but are waiting to order it until we get there. I know in reality I have plenty of time but feel rushed.

Weekly Wisdom:  I think I've finally realized you really have to give your body what it wants. Some days I crave working out and then other days I feel like sleeping in until 9:30. I've been stubborn about slowing down but I think I've finally given in to the fact that some days I can bike 10 miles and other days the coffee shop is the furthest walk I'm taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment